Best EOTech Holographic Sight 2019
A best Eotech sight will be a suitable option if you are searching for a holographic sight. This holographic sight brand has some of the best that you can find in the market.
EOTech holographic sights are a favorite for top law enforcement agencies. For example, the famous Hostage Rescue Team of the FBI use best Eotech sights.
There is a wide selection of EOTech sights, and each has its use. Some are as light as possible while others can take several rounds. However, the best EOTech sight is the one that satisfies your needs appropriately.
While the entire line of EOTech sights is top quality, it is important to identify the right one for your rifle. Eotech has something for everyone and what one shooter may need is not the same that another may want. It is prudent to always take your time and determine which product best suits your needs.
The following is a review of the best 5 Eotech sights to help you in your shopping.
About The EOTech Brand
Holographic sights aid the shooter in acquiring the target speedily. In actual sense, holographic sights are perfect for close combat based on this factor. Without a doubt, the shooter gains an advantage in the engagement field or hunting grounds when they use this sight.
Eotech is one company that has built its name over the years when it comes to holographic sights. Eotech manufactures and sells electro-optic products. However, one of their primary products is holographic weapon sights.
In fact, the organization whose headquarters are at Ann Harbor, Michigan are the first to create this special shooting aids.
Eotech solved some of the challenges associated with laser diodes such as wavelength instability. Such sights as EOTech NV Series Military mode are handy and work well with night vision. These kinds of products continue to demonstrate why EOTech are good at what they do.
What Is Unique About EOTech Sights
Eotech sights are unique in their own way. The holographic sights provide the shooter with a much need situational awareness where you have both of your eyes open. This is necessary when you are in close combat situations such as hostage rescue or home defense.
Furthermore, the sights have adequate reticle brightness setting suitable for a variety of lighting conditions. Therefore, the shooter has the option of varying the brightness to suit their situation. Eotech sights are also undetectable in different environmental conditions. Furthermore, when you talk of rugged holographic sights, then you might consider checking EOTech out.
Top 5 Best Holographic Sight Reviews
EOTech has a variety of holographic weapon sights. The following review examines the standard features, pro, and cons to help you in your decision-making process.
[table id=7 /]
EOTech 512.A65 Tactical
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B000KKFVRC” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
It is one of the most popular according to Eotech. Mainly, EOTech 512.A65 Tactical is best for close range use. At first use, you will notice that the sight has the ability to reflect the laser into a more intricate reticle. The EOTech 512 is also characteristically square meaning that it has a square lens and square body. The EOTech 512 reviews are glowing indicating that most buyers love it.
- Best for close-range combat
- USA made
- Uses red reticle projected by laser light.
- Good target acquisition and accuracy.
- A durable aluminum hood
- Utilizes a pair of AA batteries
- Holographic Sight
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Battery level monitoring is automatic
- Automatic shutdown
- 1 x magnification
- Has antiglare coating
- Weighs 10.9 ounces
Eotech 512 in action
- Best for close range usage.
- Has one of the highest brightness level
- Quality that is military-grade.
- Absorbs shocks perfectly
- 20-level brightness setting
- The AA batteries it uses are easy to find
- Shatterproof meaning that it offers an extra level of safety
- The battery monitoring means that you will not need to keep checking whether the battery is low.
- Does not have night vision
- The quality of the reticle is sometimes inconsistent
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B001QKXJJC” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
This brand is among the shortest, lightest and smallest. At 255 grams, it is easy to tell why it is lightest. Many reviewers applaud it for its ease of installation and use. Law enforcement officers like it for its compatibility. For those that want more rail space for other components, then this model is perfect. Don’t let the small size fool you, the EOTech XPS is extremely durable. This model is definitely one of the best EOTech holographic sights.
- 1 x magnification
- Accuracy Boost
- Quick target acquisition
- Utilizes 123 lithium battery
- Very portable
- Water resistant
- Battery can go for up to 600 hours
- Unlimited eye relief
- 11.2 oz net weight
- It easy to install
- Small size and easy to use
- Its small size ensures that there is more rail space for other components
- Water resistant
- Long battery life that can go for up to 600 hours of continuous use
- 20 level brightness settings
- Has excellent eye relief
- You do not need specialized tools to mount and dismount the sight. You can easily do it without needing any tool.
- Has no night vision
- Relatively expensive
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B008CXKX7M” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
There is no arguing that EOTech has some of the best sights in the market.
However, like the majority of red dots, you should not expect any significant magnification. The rugged EOTech G33 has a quick detach lever that allows you to easily mount and dismount the equipment. Its large magnetic field makes it one of the best EOTech sights for AR 15. Another good thing about this device is that you can use together with EOTech 4 x magnifiers.
- Internal optics that are fog proof for clarity
- Precise focusing with adjustable diopter
- Manual adjustment possible
- Comes with a switch-to-side mount
- Waterproof up to 33 meters
- Works best in temperatures between -40° and 160°F
- Azimuth adjustment that is toll-free
- Comes with a 2-years warranty
- Clean and clear glass
- 3 x magnification
- Easy to mount and dismount
- It is quite easy to use with horizontal and vertical adjustments that do not affect the zero
- Has two varying height settings that shooters can take advantage of
- The holographic sight has solid construction. It is quite durable
- One of the best for hunting, target shooting, and tactical use
- Eye relief is quite short
- Most reviewers say that it is pricey
- Adding the sight to the rifle also adds weight to it
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B0034PXYRY” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
One characteristic that separates EOTech EXPS3-0 from the rest is that it has clear glass. It does not have any tint. However, this affects the life of the battery. Furthermore, this holographic sight has side buttons for adjustments. A 7-mm raised base provides appropriate access to the rails.
- Battery life is about 600 hours
- Shortened base for easy rail fit
- Weight is about 11.2 oz.
- Waterproof and fog proof
- The holographic sight is compatible with night vision
- Has a 123 battery which is single transverse
- NV compatible side buttons
- 1 x magnification
- Unlimited eye relief
- Non-reflective black color finish
- 10-level brightness setting
- 650 MOA reticle
- No battery cap and latch. Only an O-ring
- Truly parallax free
- You can use it with the best aimpoint110. The co-witness is perfect with this device
- At only 317 grams, EOTech EXPS3-0 is quite handy
- Has shatter resistance glass for additional safety
- It is night vision compatible
- Its brightness settings and a field of view that is 100 yards mean that it is extremely hard to miss your target.
- Has a short battery life
- Some reviewers contend that the holographic sight is sometimes fuzzy
- Many counterfeits of the product
EOTech EXPS2-0 Holographic Sight
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B004QOVSNO” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
EOTech has proven time and again that they are among the best weapon sight makers. The EOTech EXPS2-0 product just shows how good they are and how much commitment and dedication they put into the products they produce. From the first moment that you take the device from the box, you notice that it exudes quality. It is quite robust with aluminum hoods protecting the lens.
- Approximately 600 hours’ battery life
- 65 MOA circle reticle
- Side buttons
- Shortened base requiring only a small portion of the rail space
- Parallax free
- 1 x magnification
- Weighing 317 grams
- Fog proof and waterproof
- Non-reflective black finish
- Utilizes a 123-lithium battery
- 20 settings brightness feature
- Automatic battery indicator
- Automatic shutdown
- The eye relief is 4 inches
- The quick detach mount makes it easier to install the optic device
- A rugged holographic sight that does not lose its zero even when under intense shock
- The sight’s adjustments are easy to operate
- The buttons are in a good side position to prevent accidental press. There is a slight recess and for a good reason.
- Quick sight acquisition and improved accuracy
- For such a small device, EXPS2-0 has a large field of view
- Easy to use EOTech reticle
- Very easy to use. You will not need any training in order to use the sights
- Handles recoil perfectly well meaning that you can use the sights with powerful guns like the shotgun.
- The zero position is perfectly stable even under intense shock
- The CR123 batteries that the device uses are hard to procure. They are also pricey in comparison to other battery types.
- Insufficient battery life
- No night vision.
Our Recommendation[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B000KKFVRC” key=”image” locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”bestscopeguide-20″]
EOTech products exude quality all the way. Therefore, it is usually hard to choose the best EOTech sight between them. However, the EOTech 512 sight is an excellent product to add to your rifle.
For example, having a AR 15 with EOTech and magnifier gives you a considerable edge out in the field. The reticle is durable and sturdy. And with up to 1000 hours of battery, it is perfect for combat applications. For home rifles, an EOTech 512 improves your arsenal considerably.
What To Look For While Buying The Best EOTech Sight
Features and Materials
The materials of any shooting aid must be formidable to resist any shock associated with most rifles. Choose optics from well-established manufacturers that have a reputation for producing quality. As a first shopper, stay away from companies you hear for the first time.
It goes without saying that all tactical and defensive equipment need to be durable. Repeated recoils should not place your optic at risk. Furthermore, they should be in a position to withstand various forms of shock and still maintain the zero point. Therefore, make sure the holographic sights you are going for are the best materials and the features are perfect for your needs.
Such rifles as AR-15 are compact and lightweight. Therefore, all the components attached to them should also be light and compact. Consider the features that you want in a sight and also the kind of weapon that you have or will be using.
Indeed, as the old saying goes, “you acquire what you pay for” is true when it comes to shooting optics.
You cannot expect the cheapest of sights to also be the best of quality. If a holographic sight is expensive, then it means that the manufacturer has put in a significant amount of research into the design.
Therefore, don’t bulk when you discover that a particular set of holographic series is much more expensive than others. For example, the best EOTech sight cannot also be the cheapest.
However, do not let that blind you from buying the priciest product in the market. Expensive does not always mean quality. Do your research before settling on a holographic sight. Regardless, always settle for the product that suits your purse. Don’t break the bank buying one component while there are others that you still need to acquire before you can go out to test your rifle.
Acquiring a target within the shortest time possible is of paramount importance. It is what will provide you with an edge in the hunting field or combat. However, when it comes to shooting a target that is considerably at a distance, then quick target acquisition is not necessary. Optics with moderate magnification is usually the best in such situations.
Such factors as the reticle, parallax and eye relief go into determining the quality of sight. The reticle can be in the form of crosshairs or red dot. Make sure that the reticle is appropriate according to your needs. In terms of parallax, holographic sights do not have this problem. They also have an unlimited eye relief meaning that your eye can be at any distance and still use the sight well. However, it is invariably best to make sure that all these factors are working as is necessary. Do not assume that everything is good just because the manufacturer says so.
Various shooting optics come with a variety of knobs and buttons for adjustment. Windage and elevation are two factors that need adjustment. As the shooter, you should know how to use them to set it at zero. The reticle and where the bullet lands should align without any problems. The adjustment of the equipment you are buying should be working correctly without much ado.
Each type of sight is right for a particular purpose. Mostly, you cannot go picking any kind of sight based on price and quality alone. You must consider the purpose for which you are buying it for. For example, there are military grade sights, and you cannot use them in your hunting expeditions. Choose the right for you.
Durability is another important element to consider before you purchase a sight. In most of the time, you will be using your rifle outdoor. Therefore, the sight you choose will bear the brunt of the weather. It is essential that the sight is corrosion resistant and can withstand the wear and tear as a result of being out in the open. The housing of the glass should be quite durable and weather resistant if it is going to provide you with many services.
It is a major flaw that holographic sights require a source of power. In that context, the life of the battery is always a concern. It is always a possibility that the sights will go off when you are out in the field. Therefore, choose the equipment that utilizes easily available batteries. Some types of batteries are hard to find and may take months as your source for them. Make sure that the holographic sights you choose have batteries that are easy to replace.
EOTech is the first company to design and produce holographic sights. Over the years, they have shown why are they are the best in the world when it comes to holographic sights. Each of their products is durable and associated to accuracy.
There are different products on the market by the firm. Each of these is good in terms of purpose and price. That said, EOTech 512 is an excellent device to beef up your arsenal.
In a real sense, there is a splendid reason why this compact sight is the best EOTech sight among the popular holographic sights. Therefore, there is no possibility that you will go wrong with this device. Whichever product you may choose, EOTech is an excellent choice for holographic sights.